Webster Bible : 1 Thessalonians 1
1. Paul, and Silvanus, and Timothy, to the church of the Thessalonians which is in God the Father, and in the Lord Jesus Christ: Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
2. We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers;
3. Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labor of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father;
4. Knowing, brethren beloved by God, your election.
5. For our gospel came not to you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Spirit, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.
6. And ye became followers of us, and of the Lord, having received the word in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Spirit:
7. So that ye were examples to all that believe, in Macedonia and Achaia.
8. For from you sounded out the word of the Lord not only in Macedonia and Achaia, but also in every place your faith toward God is spread abroad; so that we need not to speak any thing.
9. For they themselves show of us what manner of entrance we had to you, and how ye turned to God from idols, to serve the living and true God;
10. And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, who delivered us from the wrath to come.